7 Reasons Why Vinyl Plank is Better Than Ceramic Tile
Vinyl planks are taking over the flooring industry, and for good reason! As technology advances, so does the way the flooring we install in our homes is engineered. If you’re weighing the pros and cons of both options, here are 7 reasons why vinyl plank is a better choice than ceramic tile:
- Cost. Vinyl plank is much more budget-friendly than ceramic tile. Depending on the type of tile you are choosing, ceramics can cost as much as hardwood or high-quality carpet. Materials aside, it costs 40% less to install vinyl plank than it does to install ceramic tile.
- Faster and easier. Installing ceramic tile is labor-intensive and takes a lot of time, so you will most likely need a professional if you want it installed properly. Vinyl plank is DIY-friendly and 60% quicker to install than ceramic tile. With Mannington’s ADURA®MaxAPEX, ADURA®Max and ADURA®Rigid vinyl plank floors, there’s no need to pull up the existing level hard surface floor. Plus, they can be installed directly on top of your existing hard surface floor.
- Durability. Both vinyl plank and ceramic tile are known to be durable flooring options. However, ceramic can chip and crack over time. Ceramic tile is more prone to damage (think dropping something heavy on the surface) than vinyl plank. Vinyl plank is also a better option if you have children or pets.
- Aesthetic Appeal – Vinyl planks are offered in many looks that are similar to tile. The photographic technology allows vinyl to mimic the appearance of ceramic (or any flooring style you could possibly want) in a way that's nearly indistinguishable from the real thing. Plus, this added layer allows the planks to withstand extended use.
- Less mess. Prepping to install ceramic tile is a mess. Because you must rip up the flooring and make sure the surface is even before installation, there is an excess of dust involved in the process. When cutting the ADURA® floating floors, there is little to no dust. Vinyl plank is also easier to keep clean post installation.
- No wait time. With vinyl plank, there is no waiting for the floor to cure or dry. You can live on it right away!
- Not as permanent. Once ceramic tile is installed, it can be very difficult to remove. If you’re someone who likes to change trends and home design elements, floating vinyl plank floors are easier to take out and replace.
If you like the look of ceramic tile floors, Mannington offers many vinyl plank options that are similar to ceramic. You don’t have to compromise on style when you choose vinyl plank!
NOTE:City Carpet Outlet does not carry every style of product. Check with us first about a particular product or to see if your product choice is available for special order.
Mannington Adura® Flooring
Adura is the next generation of luxury vinyl, and the fastest growing category in the flooring business. Why? Adura provides the look and elegance of wood, tile, or stone without the worry! Available in a variety of shapes, sizes, textures, and installation options, Adura delivers award-winning fashion to your home. With proprietary technology, Adura is engineered to look and feel like the real thing, easy to maintain, and is backed up by a limited lifetime residential/6 year light commercial warranty.
Profile | Website | Design Tools | Warranty | Install | Maintain